After working a small swatch of 2-drop Hubble stitch using 2 metallic colours of size 15 Miyuki seed beads and alternating the stitch colours, I fell in love with the beautifully slinky quality of the textile it created. I wanted to make a larger piece of this ‘material’ so I thought a case for my magnifier spex was a good place to start. First I used a template spex case to make an insert, out of soft, black cotton, which would show off the metallic bead colours perfectly. Then came the beadwork, which, as it grew, became more and more lovely to hold. All along I had wanted to have a simple button closure, so I chose a little black button that my grandmother had made and covered it with some basic and 2-drop Hubble stitch. Then I set about making the flap and buttonhole, finally embellishing the angled sides with Swarovksi bicones and freshwater potato pearls.